Friday, February 6, 2009

the new life

i just finished my first official workweek, and even though it was only two days, the weekend is upon me as a beacon of sleep and laziness.

the first two days at my internship went well. there's a lot of new information to take in and programs to learn, but i think i'm getting into the swing of things. my coworkers are really great, though i wouldn't mind have a dwight in the office to keep things unpredictable. that will probably become my role.

our arts & the city class went and saw japan dance now last night. it was definitely modern and not what you would see at calvin's dance guild shows. i may not have understood all the symbolism behind the program, but it was interesting to see something completely different from what i expect of dance.

i don't know what's going on for the weekend, but it's supposed to reach 50 degrees here tomorrow. i can handle a week of mild weather (even if the cold is just days behind). it was so nice walking to my train after work tonight; the wind was whipping, but for the first time i didn't feel like my limbs were about to freeze and cease functioning. it was a good feeling, i promise.

i hope all is well in the g-raps. if anybody wants to come down for a visit, the art institute is free for the month of february. seriously, who can say no to that?

love.

No comments:

Post a Comment