Thursday, February 26, 2009

fat thursday?

i rolled into the office this morning to find mardi gras beads and a bag of microwave popcorn on my desk. who says you can't celebrate fat tuesday a few days late? the celebration is appropriate considering i was in bed and asleep by 11 on the real fat tuesday. better late than never.

funny story: i went to a starbucks yesterday, and as i was waiting in line, a woman (i'm guessing late 20s) told me that she liked my purse. we struck up a conversation about the glory of target, and then started talking about what i did, and what work she did. turns out she works for mary kay, a company i've been trying to contact about some work for my internship. she gave me her card and took my number before asking me if i was free this evening. since i wasn't, she wondered if i wanted to meet for breakfast on saturday--apparently there's some corporate mary kay something or other going on at the hyatt regency downtown, and she wondered if i wanted to go and network or something. ten bucks says that they'll try and turn me into some mary kay seller, but it's a free breakfast. is this how networking really works, or i am signing on for a scam? i'll keep you posted.

i'm so excited that we have our first day off on monday. we're heading over to pilsen for some cheap mexican food and some thrifting. oh, and at some point i have to read a book (that i don't have) and write a 5 page paper by wednesday.

oh, the life of a student in chicago...

1 comment:

  1. dude you are so coooL! its like the sarah rose competition...or not at all. Anyways yes networking is the new artform of kissing ass, just make sure you get what;s yours before getting scammed. Congratulations, I hope it turns into something great!

    ReplyDelete