Sunday, March 29, 2009

meh.

yikes! my blogging absence probably has gone unnoticed, but i've been meaning to sit down and swap tales. sorry about that.

of course, sitting back and combing my brain for stories isn't very fruitful at the moment. st. patrick's day celebrations were great, as was partying for my sister's birthday last weekend. i turn the big 22 tomorrow, and that's been throwing me off for a bit. i've never really had a birthday away from all of "my" people, and the anticlimactic nature of celebrating just feels like a big let-down. i was so pleased that my parents came down yesterday to take me to lunch and have birthday cake. but in the end, birthdays just aren't what they used to be.

i'm very excited for cassie and stacey to be coming for a visit this weekend. i should probably do laundry before they arrive, or think of something grand to do that doesn't involve sitting on our asses all weekend.

and to the meteorologists in chicago: no, i did not ask for accumulating snows for my birthday. please clear this up. thanks.

1 comment: